.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It Used to be Me...

And Pookie who went on class trips through the city as children and annoyed everyone else (remember Lincoln Center in 7th grade Pook?). Now, we get inundated by these little fvckers.

Here you see a line of kids blocking my way at lunch today. I need to get some spring shoes (since it was 70 degrees on Sunday...but 41 degrees today...WTF???) so I decided to run out shopping (yes Marcia, that is Saks...and the sandal selection is INSANE!). Everywhere I turned was a class trip. I feel like I'm always the schmuck that meets up with these groups on some corner, waiting to cross, and somehow, I get to be one of the gang! There's no way out of a gaggle of kids looking anywhere but right in front of them!

Some of these little rats are well behaved, but most are just out of control! My personal favorites involve the kids that are like 6 years old and have only 2 or 3 adults along for the ride.

You couldn't pay me enough to chaperone this sh!t. That's a lie...you could totally pay me to do it.

Not much else going on out on the streets, but we're looking....keep checking back!

7 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger v said...

tick. tick. tick.

hah, sorry if this was in bad taste ... i'm joking!

though if you need some seed, i can ...
hah, kidding again.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Gabs said...

yeah, ha ha. kidding.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

I can't wait until I live somewhere (aka NYC) where I can run out to Saks at lunch (official countdown: 16 months).

Also. How hot is that pink coat in the picture?

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger 0000 said...

Crazy kids are the worst!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger markus said...

i've been getting caught in this crap all week! thanks for calling it out, kat!

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This weather is total BS, Kat. I want some new spring shoes, too, but it will make me depressed if they have to sit in my closet longer than a few days before I can wear them. I slept with the heat on last night. It is April 6. This is NOT okay.

I, too, hate seeing groups of children prancing around on field trips. The worst is groups of children on the subway. They just look so unnatural there.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Moonmaid said...

You should try actually being a chaperone on one of these trips. At least half of the other parents are only there to hang with their precious offspring. They couldn't care less whether another kid in the class got hit by a bus or snatched by John Gacy.
I hate parents like that - they think their kids' shit doesn't stink and the kids are totally overprotected and obnoxious to be around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home