.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hometown Hero...

Rudy Guiliani

For the past few months, Pookie and I have been saying, "Rudy needs to be a Hometown Hero", but we never got around to posting it. Today, he's all over the news for making statements against "the 20th hijacker", Zacarias Moussaoui. Rudy feels that Zac should die by lethal injection. I don't know if I agree with that (I often feel that people should suffer far worse fates than death, but that isn't for me to decide), but I felt that now was as good a time as any to post on Rudy.

Rudy was the mayor of NYC during our youth--following in the pathetic steps of David Dinkins. Pookie and I have both shaken his hand on separate occasions (during a parade and then once, randomly, on an elevator!) and we both fell in love. We're not Republicans OR Democrats and we're not promoting any political agenda here. He's just a charming man!

There's no denying that he's had a positive effect on NYC. I have said in the past that NYC is very different since Rudy came on board. Times Square USED to be the best place to go to score some weed (or, really, whatever the hell you wanted)...now it's the best place to take kids for all of the family oriented stores! You could also walk down the street doing, basically, whatever the hell you wanted and no one cared. Not so anymore, since Rudy's "Quality of Life" crackdown.

This legal eagle was born and raised in Brooklyn, became DA, and busted Wall Street tycoons, mobsters, and really cleaned this city up (I defy you to find graphitti on the inside of any subway car...and no, the scratches in the glass don't count!). Although I loved how gritty this city could be, Rudy really made growing up here for me better than any other generation had it (including my older siblings!).

Today I read that when President Bush visited the site of the Twin Towers in 2001 and asked what he could do for Giuliani, Rudy replied, "If you catch this guy, Bin Laden, I would like to be the one to execute him." RIGHT ON, RUDY! That's why you're a hometown hero!

8 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I don't know if I agree with that (I often feel that people should suffer far worse fates than death, but that isn't for me to decide)"

Why isn't that for you to decide? Is it just concerning this particular issues or your stand point in general? Why leave it to someone else all the time?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

This particular issue isn't for me to decide...that's what juries are for. Personally, I'd like to see this prick have to do some kind of service to the families of those who were killed on September 11th. I want some remorse from this fvcker...but that ain't happening.

As I said, there are fates that are much worse to suffer than death...I'm all for them for certain people (like, chop up the sexual organs of pedophiles, etc...). I like the old "eye for an eye" idea, but sometimes, it's better to make offenders suffer...at least in my opinion it is.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The f*cker should fry better yet make his suffer; Like..slowly pulling his finger and toe nails off, hanging him from his feet. I want every family member to have the honor in kicking his a**.
Rudy for President
Carmie

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

Rudy wants to flip the switch! THAT'S A NEW YORKER!

WOOOOOOOT!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Virenda said...

I'm so glad that he was able to make your city a better place and he must have worked his ass off to accomplish so much. Good choice.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Cyber Mule said...

Love Rudy, Hate Bush....

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Rudy is fab! Awesome that both you guys got to sortof meet him.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger neal gardner said...

Rudy=NYC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home