.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...


OK, so it's the day after turkey day: "Black Friday". Everyone else is either shopping or sleeping in their cozy beds (it's 22 degrees here in NYC today).

I, however, am working.

I spent Thanksgiving with my family and slept over my parents' house last night. Therefore, I had to take a bus to get back to the city to get into work. This is a popular day for people to bring their kids to work.

On the bus was the cutest little girl with her dad. She had one of those little LeapFrog electronic toys with her. The toy plays "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for the kid. The kid is supposed to play the keys at the same time. This special little child played the WRONG keys so all we heard was the song (along with a stupid voice) and the girl singing in her squeaky voice while playing the wrong notes.

I was amused for about the first 2 times we heard it.

This continued for a good 20 minutes.

Her dad kept saying (distractedly), "Turn that down honey."

She didn't.

So, I stepped up to the plate. I said, "Excuse me, sir. Your daughter is very good with the keyboard (and I smiled at the little sh!t), but it's awfully early in the day to keep hearing that song...". Others behind me seconded my opinion with, "Yeah, give it a rest!" or "Please, turn that down!"

The dad said he was sorry and then took the LeapFrog toy away from the kid. That was the mistake.

This kid FREAKED out. Screamed, kicked, cried, etc.... The dad was totally helpless.

Finally some other passenger said, "This is worse than the song! Give it back to her!"

So he did. Her tears dried up immediately.

And we were all treated to another full half hour of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

Ah.....children.

Happy belated Thanksgiving ya'll!

8 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

Some days... I really want children. And then I remember that they do shit like that. Maybe in 10 years, when I'm old and crazy.

Sucks you're at work, Kat! Just read blogs all day, and write funny posts for me to read! :) ... I can't believe they made you go in!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Angie T said...

Since I hate people, today is a great day for me to work.

I took a cab to work this morning. I've had brutal PMS this week so if I had to deal with a psychotic child I might be writing this from the inside.

This blog rocks! I'm linking to it. I've been dying for link-worthy blogs as of late.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ohh Kat..just smile and wave...just smile and wave
carmie

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat, I hope they at least let you out early. The pricks I work for told us we'd get out at 3:30 and now they're not letting us out early at all!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger markus said...

none of this would have happened if you didn't have to go to work so it's all the boss's fault!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger v said...

wow.

i thought you wimmenfolk were supposed to be all nurturing and stuff?

no sperm for you!

:(

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Cyber Mule said...

Reminds me of the kid on my recent trip to Miami.....who kept annoying me and bumping the chair, and turning around and looking at me.

It wasn't until a basically motioned that i was going to cut his head off if he didn't stop it, that he sat quietly in his seat for the next 2 hours.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

Ugh. Kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home