.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

B!tchslapping my own a$$....

Lesson learned. Sometimes, being a BOTS makes life worse for you.

Case in point...today. I do not normally answer or in any way respond to people in the morning. Sometimes I hear, "Miss...excuse me!" or "Kat! Hey, Kat!". I ignore all of them. If they're calling me "miss", they don't know me and just want directions or something. If they are calling me "Kat" they do know me, but I may not want to know them back. I HATE running into old high school friends or old co-workers. Those catching up conversations are bad enough without having them first thing in the morning on a cold and rainy day.

So, today, I hear, "Miss!" from one person. A couple of seconds later it was, "Hey lady!" from someone else. I kept going. Annoyed by the masses.

It was only when I had placed my breakfast order, gotten my drink and went to pay that I realized what they may have been wanting. The $10 bill (the ONLY money I had on me) that I had so gracefully balled up and shoved in my pocket as I came out of the subway was no longer in my pocket. I was forced to use the sketch ATM at the deli and was banged with a $2.50 transaction fee!

I can only assume that people saw it fall and tried to warn me, but I out-b!tched myself by ignoring them.

As penance, I now will have to pay attention when people say, "Excuse me..." or "Miss!". I also know that for the next 50 times I respond, I'll regret it. But, I have to learn my lesson somehow!
I feel like the paperboy from "Better off Dead"....except, I don't want $2...I want my $10!

12 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Lizzle said...

damn, that blows.

But look at it this way, the next 50 times that you have to pay attention when people are yelling "Miss..." you will surely find some fodder for our entertainment that you can surely use here!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

That really sucks!

and... you want your $12.50 (atm fee) back, not just your $10.

And at least they're calling you "Miss" and not "Ma'am". Because being called Ma'am really sucks.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger markus said...

oh shit! i hate that! somebody, somewhere owes you...

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

I'm surprised they didn't come after you. How did those bitches know you weren't deaf or something?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Wonder if the "Miss" and the "hey lady" split your ten spot

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Hey Lady!!!

There. You only have to look up 49 more times!!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Gabs said...

lovvvvvvve it!!! you "out bitched yourself!"

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

Ugh. $10. Thats a frigging fortune! :o( Shit, I find a QUARTER on the ground and I'm like, YES. It's MY day. I'm sowwy!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger SarahReznor said...

that's the price you pay for being a real BOTS...

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Anhoni Patel said...

At least people were nice enough to actually try and get your attention when the ten bucks fell out; I'm surprised.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Aw. That is a big fat piss me off huh?
btw: love the image of the paper boy collecting his two bucks. That movie is so funny!
Happy Turkey Day to the B'sOTS!

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Kat...not a good feeling when its close to xmas time.
carmie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home