.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fifth Avenue...

This is a picture I just took on 5th Avenue in the 40's. You may or may not be able to tell that there are around 8 cop cars (starting with the one behind the bike guy...an undercover number) in this picture flying south down 5th Avenue. They were 8 of like, 30. I kid you not. Full sirens, lights going, and speeding away.

Now, I'm in this area a good bit and I happen to know that this is the norm during the day's shift switch. All the cops run down the street like holy hell has happened, but really, they just want to get the cars to the station (Midtown South I presume) and go home. It is quite a spectacle and causes most people (OK, most tourists) to turn and gasp saying, "Oh my God! What's going on?" If they looked closely, they'd see that the cops are all relaxed and most have big grins on their faces. They know they're they're making people nervous.

I thought I'd snap a picture since I haven't b!tchslapped anyone (except Superman--or Stupidman as I like to call him) in a while.

The dude in the left side of the picture watched me take this shot and immediatly took out his phone and started snapping away. I think he's wearing a rug. Dork.

Happy Humping Day!

8 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger v said...

They gotta keep longer hours at your donut shops.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat, I saw your comment on my blog. Here's the fun part: I don't know where my roommate was mugged because he's a pathological liar! He told me and my other roommate two very different stories about what happened. It may have been under the scaffolding at 79th and Lex where they're putting up a bank, or it may have been outside Jack Russell's. It may have been part of a fight he got into after seeing some dude punch a girl at the bar, or it may have happened on the street. His $11,000 Breitling watch may have been stolen, or maybe he never had one!

(I didn't include this info on my blog because my roommate reads it.)

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! You paint quite a picture there. And I love that the guy with the toupee (and it definitely looks like one) copied you.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every day I tell ya...like clock work. All rushing home or to the nearest DD (dunkin donuts if you not a New Yorker). It scares the sh*t of the tourist...it's awesome
carmie

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger David Stehle said...

Today on my blog, I plugged your posts on the Watermelon Woman. She's the best! So bizarre. Keep us updated on her. ;)

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where you be?

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Summer said...

One word: Watermelon lady.

Ok, so that was two. I've never been good with math.

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*clink*clink*clink* Helllooo? Someone end up back in the pokie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home