.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Are You Lost?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ho ho....this one really cracked me up. The picture you see here is of an "art" installation (yeah, I put it in quotes....is it really art?) that is currently on display here in midtown Manhattan courtesy of the Clementine Gallery.

I don't even know what this thing was called, but it's set up in the middle of Rockefeller Center. I walked into the little covered area where the art show is and saw this...thing.

Some lady behind me was talking to her friend while looking at one of the other exhibits and said, "I don't know...I think I should see what's going on." She walked over to the "boy" and said, "Are you lost?" Then she said, "Little boy..." and touched it. She then realized that it wasn't real and was like, "Oh, I hope no one saw that!" "I did!", I gleefully said! Then we both agreed it was really creepy.

She didn't stick around long enough for me to get a picture, but let me tell you, I chuckled to myself the rest of the time I was looking at this stuff.

Art Rocks!

5 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

OK, officially just lost it on keyboard. Typing with boogers on your hands suck. You are killing me Kat.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

HA HA!!!! Well, I think you should actually love art that provokes that kind of story! And that's coming from an artist!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Anhoni Patel said...

creepy.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Trouble said...

Down here in the south, those things are called timeout kids, and people put them in their houses. It's bizarre.

I hated putting my kids in timeout, why would I want that as "art" in my home.

But it's pretty funny that white trash artwork is being resurrected in the big city.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

those dolls are the devil. they seriously scare me.

1) no dolls please

2) if you insist on dolls, only dolls with faces. for real.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home