.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Language Barrier

After a night drunken debauchery with Kat and Carmie, I hailed myself a cab. I have the habit of talking to strange people when I'm drunk even though I know I shouldn't. So what I should do when the cab driver tries to engage me in conversation is really just ignore him other than to give him my destination and the fare. But does Pookie do that? Of course not cause that just wouldn't be Pookie! So, the ride went something like this last night:

Pookie: Take me to (Destination) and use the FDR please.
Cabbie: (In heavily accented English) Yes of course miss.
Pookie: Thank you.
Cabbie: So pretty lady were you out celebrating something?
Pookie: Nothing special - just Hump Day.
Cabbie: What is this Humping Day?
Pookie: Errr Hump Day not Humping. It means Wednesday, you know you're over the hump of the week it's a down hill ride from here.
Cabbie: Ohhhh, I have never heard expression before - is wonderful.
Pookie: Must be an American thing.
Cabbie: So next time I pick up a fare I can ask them "How is your humping day?"
Pookie: Ummm, you need to say HUMP not HUMPING - it means two different things.
Cabbie: Well what is difference?
Pookie: ummm, well, humping is slang for something else.
Cabbie: Is bad word?
Pookie: No, kind of dirty word.
Cabbie: Oh you must tell me what this means.
Pookie: (oh fuck it, I'm almost at my destination) It's another word for sex.
Cabbie: Sex?
Pookie: Yes sex, for two people having sex.

Silence

Cabbie: (Laughing now) Ohhhhh I musn't make that mistake! Then I get not tip.
Pookie: Yes, make sure you say Hump day.
Cabbie: Yes, hump.
Pookie: (thank god I'm at my stop and pay the fare) Good night.
Cabbie: Ok miss, good night and Happy Humping day!

4 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Ture classic pookie style. OHHHH pookie we can't leave you alone for a minute. How many times do we have to tell you, dont talk to stangers!!!! No more appletini's for U :-)
carmie

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger markus said...

you handled yourself like a true professional, pookie!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

Pook! How many times do I tell you not to do this!????

Me, I slobbered off to my train, napped for a bit on the ride (people think I'm crazy when I do that...it keeps me safe)...and got home with no issues.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Other Kat said...

That is HILARIOUS. I laughed out loud and betrayed the fact that I'm reading blogs while I'm supposed to be doing work.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home