.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Subway Water...

Ew! This just happened to me on the way to work today so I thought it'd be a good time to discuss subway water.

Subway water is the water that leaks down from the streets and drips (or in some cases, pours) into the subway stations. I can only imagine what is in this water: urine, feces, disease, oil, and just plain nastiness! On very rainy days in NYC (such as today), one has to be on their guard against subway water. I've gotten drips of it on my head, on nice jackets where it left a rust colored drip, and yes, even in my eye! Oh, the horror!

Today I got a drip right on top of my head. I felt it wiggle down my part and cross over to my forehead. I immediately began slapping it away (and thus, beating myself in the head) in disgust.

Some guy walked by and said, "Subway water?"

"You know it," I replied.

"At least it ain't bird sh!t," he offered.

How gross!

Happy Fvcking Tuesday!

9 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger yll said...

I heard if you get bird poo-poo on you, it's considered good luck. Cause, seriously, what are the chances of being struck w/ birdie-poo-poo? It's like one in a zillion (real word?), so it's considered lucky.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Umm I would get checked out for diseases and take some antibiotics or vitamins to make sure that the subway water didnt harm you.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Anhoni Patel said...

ew! I've totally gotten subway water dripped on my head. It slithers down you and it's just so gross.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Don't you have a full body condom you can wear on such days? I imagine that the people in cars are aiming their tires at multiple puddles in hopes of pissing off some unassuming pedestrian. That's what they did the last time *I* was in the city.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

HAAA! Nasty! And also funny that the random guy knew exactly what was goin on...

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger diana said...

It's about time bitches!
I've been checking you daily for a whole week - you mean to tell me there's been NO ONE or NO THING to bitch about for a whole week in the NYC? Come now.
;)
Hey, I'll actually be there next week - we're going to see Julia on Broadway.
Any recs on a good place to eat??
We're staying midtown, and SO definitly going to Chevy's for lunch one day. I *heart* Chevy's and they closed their ONE restaurant here in RI like 2 years ago!

We're staying for 2 nights as a splurge, so am trying to figure out how to fill our time.
Is Serendipity all it's cracked up to be?
I won't be doing the carriage ride thru the Park thing - I feel bad for those horsies.

Anyway.. hopefully by then we can actually Drive and not have to swim there - WTF is up with all this rain??

let's hug it out bitches
diana

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger v said...

Wow. New York City seems so magical.

Pretty funny the guy knew it was subway water.

Hope you have better luck the rest of the week.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

EWWWWWWWW.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Holy poop, you are hilarious! I just came across your blog and I'm working my way backwards with your posts.

More, please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home