.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Flicker...

This morning I had to be in work early for our weekly staff update meeting...you may remember, this is the worst meeting EVER and I was not looking forward to it. Subways are normally pretty quiet in the morning and they are especially quiet early in the morning. Generally, everyone respects this and you could probably hear a pin drop on the train!

This a$$hat, however, did not follow protocol. He spent the entire 20 minute ride turning his newspaper pages and then flicking them to keep them straight so he could read. The first few times I just glared at him. After about 10 minutes, I'd had enough. I also saw others glancing at him with annoyed expressions. Being the BOTS that I am, I said, "Excuse me, could you please be a little quieter?" He said, "Me???" Then some lady beside him said, "No one wants to hear you flapping that paper around and you keep hitting me with it." I nodded in agreement.

He mumbled a half-a$$ed apology and then tried to stop doing it. He only lasted a few pages and then he'd do it again. I ignored him. My stop was coming up so I stood by the train doors. Suddenly, this guy said, "I can't help it!". I looked down at him and he was looking all nervous and looking around the train.

That made me laugh and I got off at my stop.

Happy almost Friday!

7 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, usually they are such jerks, but he seemed genuinely upset that he can't read the paper without flicking!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger neal gardner said...

the passengers should've all held him down, snatched his newpaper and given him multiple paper cuts.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Trouble said...

In some small way, i think you can feel proud that you've performed such a community service. I could benefit from a BOTS injection. I sit by asshats on plane all the time that do this to me, and I never speak up. I just sit there and seethe with silent hot indignation.

You're an example to us all, Kat.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger SportyChick said...

Oh. My. Goodness. People. I'm so glad I left the east coast where people get mad at other people for crinkling the newspaper (she says as she snaps her gum with the panache of an uppety hooker)...

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

Flicking the newspaper is the new crack cocaine!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger FatMom said...

You know what I love about you, BOTS? You try to be nice first, then, if need be, you turn on the #itch juice. You're an inspiration to us all.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

I love in NY how everyone backs you up when you call someone out!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home