.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Gesundheit!

Everyone around has been sneezing and coughing like crazy since we've had some nice weather here in NYC. Today I saw a notice that the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (um....what????...shouldn't it be The Department of Hygiene and Mental Health? Do they even go together? It's like the Alchohol, Tobacco, and Firearms people...I don't get the correlation except that when you mix them, there's bound to be trouble!) announced on Friday that allergy and asthma symptoms among New Yorkers has doubled in the past week. Sweet!

That being said, I thought I'd take this time to publicly
b!tch slap loud sneezers. I have good friends who are loud sneezers and I've let a few go that were none too quiet. However, this week I've heard all sorts of sounds: "Heeeee choooooo!", "Arrrrrufffffffff", and the loud holder inner: "Herugmph!". I think it's really rude when people sneeze so loud. Especially in the morning. It frightens me and when I get scared, people DIE! Just kidding. You know they're doing it for attention. "Oh, God bless you!" they hope we say.

Nope. "Jesus Christ! Do you have to sneeze so loudly?", is what I say.

It's been quiet on the streets (are people starting to learn???) but we've got our eyes peeled. Of course Pookie and I are hitting the town tonight, so I'm sure we'll find some vicitms!

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Have a margarita (or two) for BOTS!

6 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno... while whenever I sneeze I feel embarassed due to the loud HAAAAAAAASHERERHEOOOOOOOOOO; if I try to keep it in, those around me might be subjected to spray of saliva and snot.

I'd prefer to be loud than to coat passerbys with my bodily fluids; I think thats a little less rude.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger v said...

Yeah, I'm with anon ^ --- I might sneeze loud but it will be spray free.

And seriosuly ladies, those of you that hold in the sneeze until it passes. You're just going to blow up one day.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger SarahReznor said...

the girl in the cube next to mine has the worst aaatCHA! with kind of a scream in it, i couldnt do it if i tried, it makes me wanna KILL every time!!!

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

I hate loud sneezers. There is an acceptible decibel at which it is possible to contain a sneeze. Any louder is, I swear, a choice.

Like my boyfriend!! He adds this skin-curdling scream to his sneeze that seriously takes five years off my life every time I hear it.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Kat I've heard you rip a few...LOL LOL LOL
Carmie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home