.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Monday, May 01, 2006

BOTS Hearts Immigrants...

We do! Hey man, Carlos wasn't there to toast my bagel, Juan wasn't there to serve me my coffee and my fruit cart dude (I never got his name) wasn't out today either!

It's striking me that this may sound derogatory, but, fvck it. I'm all for the American dream and if that's what these people want, let them work for it. At least they have jobs!

I do see the other side of this issue. Some other group of legal immigrants is complaining because they did things by the book and deserved citizenship. I guess if I did all that, I'd be pissed if suddenly something that was difficult to get was just handed out. I also believe that people should learn some American (you know we don't speak English) and should know American history, learn information how the government and judicial systems work and all that. Some people I work with are debating saying, "Do you see the footage of people turning the American flag upside down??? That's not right!" OK, that is kind of fvcked up. You do want to be part of this country, don't you? But, when Carlos comes in tomorrow to make me my bagel, I'm going to say, "Thanks Carlos. I missed you yesterday!"

Have you thanked your Carlos today?

p.s. If this rally in Union Square affects my commute home, I'll do some deporting of my own!

Happy (yeah, right) Monday!

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

You girls are pissers. Thank you, your devoted Cuban reader.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Dustin said...

curse the rally

i had chinese for lunch today instead of the usual mexican.
Most shops were closed down.

Now I think i have the runs

fuK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home