.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Classic BOTS story...

Way before Pookie and I created this blog, we were still B!tches on the Streets. Here's a classic BOTS tale that Des over at Fresh Air Lover made me think of due to a recent post she has on going on a date with an actor.

When I was in high school, I worked part time as a cashier at a small restaurant here in NYC. One day, all of the other girls were making a fuss over some customer that had come in. He got to the front of the line (where I was working the register) and I saw that it was Vito Brata from the 80's hair band, White Lion (I guess this was in about 1991 or something...dating myself here, but what can you do?). All of my co-workers asked Vito for his autograph. When he got to me he said, "I suppose you want an autograph too?" I knew damn well who he was. I loved "When the Children Cry" as much as the next rocker girl. But, I said, "An autograph? Why? Are you famous?" He said (with a big sh!t eating grin on his mug), "Yeah, I'm in a little band you may have heard of called White Lion." "What do you sing?" I asked. "I'm the lead guitarist, but we have a few hits." At this point, my stupid co-workers were like, "Yeah, you know White Lion!!!" and stuff like that. I wasn't about to cowtow to this loser. I MAY have asked for his autograph, but not after that!

I said, "Good for you. That's $15.00 (or whatever amount) please."

Then he left.

I still chuckle over that. What "famous" person says sh!t like that?

Thanks, Des for the memories!

p.s. Vito is the one all the way to the right in this picture.

8 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

OMG Kat you are even more my hero now than you were before!!!

You rock!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Krisco said...

That is too funny.

And - I have NO IDEA who that band is. So that dates me even more!!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Goldie said...

Vito got pwned. Good for you!

I'm afraid I would've just asked for the autograph. I am a conformist *sighs*

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

Vito is more than a little bit jacked... I think he fell outta the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down... He ain't pretty enough to be a lead singer!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Ahhhh, you're a BOTR!!

(Bitch On The Register)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger v said...

He looks stoned in that picture.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Gabs said...

Lol @ netflix, another good one kat, you put that headbangloser right in his place!

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great. It feels so good to put people in their place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home