.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bagelshop Brawl!

This morning I walked into my bagel shop (as I do every day) to find a man yelling at the bagel guy. Here's his picture. As I approached the counter, I could hear that he was saying, "I ordered cream cheese! NOT scallion cream cheese!" I couldn't hear what my bagel guy was saying, but I proceeded on to the counter to place my order. If only I'd know what was to come next.

Apparently, my bagel guy felt that he HAD given the guy the right order and told him so. This guy lost his sh!t. "You piece of sh!t Mexican a$$hole! You are lucky to be serving me bagels!" the nutcase screamed as he leaned over the counter reaching for my bagel guy! I swear, you can see the bagel guy ducking in this shot. I'm really very proud of it! I didn't really know what to do so as I took his picture, I said, "Hey! HEY!" All of a sudden, about 5 guys from the bagel place ran out and tried to restrain the guy. By this time, he was basically crawling up the counter trying to swing at my bagel guy!

Now, this was exciting and all, but I know better than to be in the middle of a full on brawl. This psycho was swinging around and screaming, "Get the fvck off of me!".

So I left.

Now, I'm hungry!

I can't wait to see my bagel guy tomorrow to find out what went down.

Good morning from New York!

UPDATE: 01/25/06: I went in this morning to the shop and saw my guy. "Hey, are you OK? What happened with that guy yesterday?" "No, it's OK", he said. "Well, did the cops come?" I asked. "No, it's OK. Really." he answered. Then the owner came over (he's a little Chinese man...very nice but brisk with his words). "How you today?" he inquired. "I'm good. What happened with that crazy guy from yesterday?" "No crazy. It's OK", he said. "Yeah. It's OK", my bagel guy repeated.

I let it drop after that. Sounds kinda sketchy to me, but what can you do. I guess it's all OK!

10 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat you should have jumped on him. I say someone owes you a free bagel
carmie

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Holy crap!
You are always in the right place at the right time.
Great picture by the by.
I love when you use the camera phone!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Elle said...

You are a regular super sleuth!!! Give us the update soon!!! My heart would have been pounding if I had witnessed a BRAWL!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the guy must really hate scallions.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

I am so desperately waiting to hear if the cops were involved!

Let us know what the bagel guy tells you!

(You should have stuck around! After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger v said...

you should've given this loser a sandwich ... a knuckle sandwich.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

why does comotion always follow you? I can't wait to read the rest!

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love BOTS! You chicks rule!
Can't wait for the update from bagel guy.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

What the crap? That's craziness. You should open up a crimelab.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Are you sure you're not egging these guys on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home