.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I'm a Jinx...

Today I went out to grab a quick bite to eat since work (a.k.a. Hell) has been particularly busy. I got a sandwich and waited on line to pay for it. At the same time, some crazy lady (I promise, I will bring my picture phone EVERYWHERE with me from now on) barreled in the door of the deli muttering to herself. She came right up beside me (touching me, mind you) and started craning her neck to see behind the counter. I said, "Excuse me, please." She ignored me. I heard her saying, "Lucky! Lucky!" over and over. I knew then that I had a crack pot (or maybe a crack head) on my hands.

The cashier rang me up and the crazy lady said, "What's luckier? The snowmen or the snowglobe?" She was referring to scratch off lottery tickets. The counterwoman said, "Just one minute, please." and nodded in my direction as though to say "let me finish with her." The crazy woman reeled around on me and said, "YOU! Are you trying to jinx me or something?" I said, very calmly, "Yes. I am." Without skipping a beat she said, "You and the Asians! You try to jinx me all the time!" "You got that right!", I said as I left.

What a city!

UPDATE: I can't stop walking around at work saying, "Oh, that's messed up?, or Oh, you didn't get that?...me and the Asians want it that way." I'm just waiting for a call from the dreaded Human Resources, but it's cracking me up.

8 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger v said...

dude, I laughed out loud on that one. yer my new hero.

"You got that right!"

Hah.

I'm going to need a breather on this one.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Killing me!
Seriously Kat.
When is your book coming out?????


ps.
damn word verification has rejected me twice already.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

Oh Kat, you're out there, jinxing the schizophrenics all over town, aren't you? You and those crazy asians.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

Funny, I go around jinxing the asians... They deserve it for holding my dry cleaning hostage!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Long_Division said...

A crazy lady on 123rd tried to sell me a half-eaten Del Monte fruit cup. For seven dollars! When I wouldn't buy it she said, "Oh, you all stuck up and shit, huh?"

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger 0000 said...

HAH! You do meet some freaks, don't you?

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called Karma. Get over yourself. I think you need a good grudge f*ck, maybie then you would quit being such a miserable bitch.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, um 'MAYBIE'! You're a 'dummie'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home