.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bad Pic...Funny Story

This picture sucks, but it shows what I witnessed yesterday morning as I left my friend's apartment (he lives right outside of the city which requires me to take a commuter rail (about a 30 minute ride) to get back to NYC and work. The weather here yesterday was like armegeddon crazy. Black clouds were rolling across the otherwise blue sky, winds were whipping everything and everyone around, and sporadically, bursts of rain fell from the ominous sky.

As I walked out the front door of my friend's building, I saw this green thing rolling down the street. I soon realized it was a Christmas tree. Then I saw the tree roll over cars and make its way to the sidewalk. What you see here, if you look very carefully in the middle of the picture, is the tree (green blob) heading straight toward two people. I yelled, "Look out for the tree!", but it was too late. It clobbered both of them.

It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It was a small tree, but it got stuck in one guy's hat, and the other lady's hair. They were both swatting it and spinning around like loons. The tree slapped them silly, and blew on. The two people looked around to see if anyone had seen and there I was. Doubled over on my friend's steps, laughing my a$$ off.

Then my friend came outside and said, "Oh! Thank God you're still here! A tree fell in the tracks. No trains are running! Guess you'll have to stay!" Yippie!!!

So I took a personal day from work.

It was a good day!

Back in NYC now so I'll keep my eyes peeled for future posts!

8 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way. That's hilarious! Makes leaving the city worth the hassle :-).

As a member of my blogroll, you are invited to a cocktail party next Wednesday evening at my blog.

Invitation is at this URL:
http://kittycanscratch.typepad.com/kitty_can_scratch/2006/01/cocktail_party.html

Anyone reading this is welcome to attend as well!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Elle said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Holy shit woman! That is the funniest pic I have seen in a LONG time!!! I wish I could have seen the aftermath once it hit the peeps!

HAHAHAHAH!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

BWAHAHA HA HA HA HAAAAA!

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat you are such a B*tch ...hahahahha a funny at that
carmie

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger SarahReznor said...

HAHA! hilarious!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I guess the holidays are officially over!!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger 0000 said...

Hee Hee!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love stuff like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home