.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Um, Yeaaaaaahhhh.....

Well, my glorious work at home days are up, apparently. My evil, Christmas hating, not giving a sh!t about the transit strike boss has made me come in to work.

She is the female Lumberg. While I was out yesterday (yeah, it's SUPPOSED to be working from home, but I had sh!t to do....like laundry and fighting with gays in the pizzaria), she left me a message. If I knew how to add that sh!t via audio file to this post, I would, but here's how it went:

She Lumberg: "Um, yeaaaaah....Kat? This is She-Devil (OK, she didn't really say that, but let's just call her that, OK?). Um...........I thought you'd beeeeee there.....

(long pause)

So........um......if you're there....pick up the phooooone.

(second long pause)

OK......ahhhhh......well I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to need you to go ahead and come IN to the office tomorrowwwwww. It's just that, you know, working from home IS an option, but since you do liiiiiiiiiive in the city, it might make sense to have you come in and let some of the others work from hoooooooome.

OK, I guess you're not picking up....so......"

Then, my machine cut that b!tch off.

What a whore.

I didn't even call her a$$ back. I figured I'd let her sweat about whether or not I'd show up. I almost called in sick too, but I think I'll save that one for tomorrow!

So here I am. After schlepping 20 blocks. At least someone brought donuts.....mmmmmm donuts.........

Happy almost Christmas ya'll!!!

7 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

Well, at least you still have your stapler...


...And what's this I hear about having problems with your TPS reports? Didn't you get that memo?

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Ha!
Sad for you about the female Lumberg....
Funny for me though that I get to hear the stories!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger v said...

Hah, that was funny.

I wonder if your boss has seen OFFICE SPACE. You should totally ask her. Then ask her who her favorite character is.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger markus said...

leave it to BOTS to train an answering machine to hang up on a boss! awesome!

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat u crack me up. Happy Holidays etc.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

20 blocks ain't that bad!!!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger 0000 said...

Hahaha...that was hilarious. Also, what a tool!

Acting like there's this "work from home v work at work" equillibrium that must be evened out by a certain number of people being at the office.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home