.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Lest We Forget...


It's December 7th, kids.

Pearl Harbor Day.

Probably because we've been through our own "Day of Infamy" in NYC, BOTS feels it's important to remember Pearl Harbor Day.

The Dec. 7, 1941, surprise attack on Pearl Harbor and other military bases on Oahu, HI lasted two hours, leaving 21 U.S. ships heavily damaged and 323 aircraft damaged or destroyed. It killed 2,390 people and wounded 1,178.

I think we all can imagine (way too clearly) how horrible that day must have been (sh!t, that day is the reason we got involved in World War II for Christ's sake!). The picture I attached is very graphic (in my opinion) and maybe someone who was there feels about it the way I do about pictures of the burning Twin Towers--I can't bear to look. But I also can't bear to forget.

Basically, I feel if we remember the seriousness of this event and the pain suffered, it somehow cosmically makes things a little better. Maybe not, but do it anyway!

OK, getting off my soap box now.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Anhoni Patel said...

I had NO idea that many people were killed in Pearl Harbor.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

I'm a couple of days late....but when I went to work that morning I was like "Isn't today the day that will live in infamy?" and all I got were blank stares.

People need to study more history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home