.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Praise Jesus, it's Ash Wednesday!

You know what that means, don't you? No meat and you can only eat 3 squares today (and every Friday until Easter Sunday). That also means that delis in NYC are rife with Christians looking for tuna sandwiches or slices of pizza.

Now, I'm not really a religious person. Although I was raised Catholic (with 12 years of Catholic education behind me), I haven't been in a church since a wedding in October 2004! But, for some reason, on Ash Wednesday, my Catholic guilt kicks in (hey, I can't fight the programming!). I always debate...do I get ashes? Usually, the answer is no. But, I do try to follow the no meat and no snacking rule (hey, I figure if JC could give his LIFE for me, the least I could do is try not to eat meat!).

So, at lunchtime today, I headed to the much revered and oft visited Pizza Truck. This is one of the best slices to be had in NYC. 2 Italian guys make their own pies with homemade sauce and everything. It's heaven! I know, you're thinking, "Pizza? From a truck?" YES! That's the only mobile food station I'd recommend in NYC (NEVER eat the hot dogs...do you hear me???) It's always crazy at the Pizza Truck, but on Ash Wednesday, it's madness! I hopped on line in the freezing cold (it's about 30 degrees today) to wait for my kosher meal (kosher? I don't know...works for me). As usual, there were a$$holes a-plenty on line. Grumbling, pissing and moaning about how cold it is and couldn't the pizza guys work any faster...you catch my drift. Good Christian's the lot of us....yeah RIGHT!

God Bless Us....every one!

5 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Anhoni Patel said...

pizza truck?!! I'm there. Where's he parked??

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Virenda said...

Yummmmmm!!! I am hungry and good pizza IS hard to find.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger David Stehle said...

I'm a bad Catholic too. I totally forgot yesterday was Ash Wednesday...not that I would of even attended the mass. That's bad huh? Like you, I too was raised Catholic, but I'm not very active in any religion these days.

You know what is really bad? I never seem to forget when Mardi Gras is, but for some reason I fail to associate it with the start of Lent - oops. What does that say about me? Booze is better than God? I'm surely going to hell, this I know. ;)

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(hey, I figure if JC could give his LIFE for me, the least I could do is try not to eat meat!).

Hahahahahahahahaha!

I totally screwed up yesterday. I accidentally ate meat at lunch, and I didn't get ashes. Also I never pinned down what I'm giving up, although I can assure you, based on today alone, that Girl Scout Cookies are totally out of the running (I would estimate I ate at least 2 boxes).

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Kat, I am thinking this is manifest destiny. You should do a regular post on the pizza truck, and all the going-ons that occur.

Those guys must be the coolest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home