.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sometimes I Doubt Your Commitment to Sparkle Motion...

That's a quote from one of my favorite movies: "Donnie Darko". I feel that this quote pretty much sums up how my boss reamed me this morning....and it's only 10 minutes past 9:00am!

I walked into work this moring to a barrage of voice mails and e-mails questioning why one of my company's customers was complaining about something. Without going into too much (very boring) detail, one of our customers received an invoice for something and they shouldn't have. Who approved the invoice? Yup...that was me! I don't even remember doing it, but I did. In my own defense, this is something that almost all of our other clients receive an invoice for, so I didn't feel that this one was any different. Apparently, they are.

I had to go to She Lumberg (my boss) to explain, but I really didn't have an explanation. I said, "I was under the impression that they should receive it." Lame, but true.

Instead of She Lumberg saying, "This can't happen again." or "You've really fvcked up this time!", she gave me the old, "Whyyyyyy do you think this happened? Our customers' satisfaction is a direct refleeeeeection of our OWN satisfaction with a job well done. Your commitment to our customers COULD be called into question."

Basically, it happened because I DON'T CARE. Well, I kind of care, but not that much.
Sh!t happens, you know what I'm saying?

I swear, after her little Dr. Phil wannabe statements, I almost vomited on her desk. She's such a cheesemonkey.

Instead I said, "I'll implement new procedures to ensure that this never happens again...for any customer." They seem to really like it when I offer to implement new procedures. It's right up She Lumberg's alley.

Thanks for hearing (reading) my gripe. I rejoice in the fact that someday, I'll be able to
b!tch slap She Lumberg too.

8 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kat isn't this always the case, we f*k up and then have to work harder to provide we're not morons...another sh*ty day at the office. Cheer up i think it's almost Friday :-)
carmie

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

What a windbag! I hate when your boss just doesn't tell you you're wrong but draws it out like a discussion on flair.

Your impressions of your Shlumberg boss are hilarious!

Bitch slap her on the day you quit! And snap a pic!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

If it's not too much to ask, could we get a bit more detail on exactly what it is that you actually do for a living?

(I mean other than being awesome)

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Sounds like the boss has been properly groomed for higher positions.

There's even less thinking at the top.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I really, really need you to start mentoring me.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger v said...

hah! that was hilarious.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! i love the she-lumburg stuff! what a butthead!

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home