.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Bank...

I hate the bank. I don't even really know why we still need banks and currency and all that jazz. Shouldn't everything be automated? Even my debit card has a "quick swipe" feature that allows me to just wave the card in front of compatible devices (Duane Reade has them!....um, that's like CVS or Walgreens in NYC) and my money is instantly debited.

Alas, we still need that old institution, the bank.

Yesterday, I was given my bonus check. Paltry, but doable. I headed to the bank to deposit said check (why they couldn't direct deposit the damn thing is beyond me). The line for the human tellers was waaaay too long, so I hit the ATM. This particular ATM is in a vestibule so it made it difficult for people to exit the bank due to the ATM line. Some lady came out of the bank and I stepped back for her to exit the building.

She didn't exit.

She stepped in line IN FRONT OF ME.

I know, you're thinking, "Oh, no!" Oh, yes!

Here's how it went:

Kat: The line ends back there.

Idiot: Yes.

Kat: Um, so if you need to use the ATM, you need to get on line. I was standing here.

Idiot: Yes?

Kat: Yes. (it occurs to me at this point that she MAY not speak English, but WTF???)

The line moves and she proceeds to move on up the line still in front of me! I was aghast.

Kat: Lady, you cut me in line. You need to go to the end of the line. (Admittedly, I was feeling a mite immature here...."no cut-sies!")

Idiot: Where?

Then, it happened. Some skeezy man in front of the lady (a man who I was originally behind) says...oh this kills me..."Hey, you can take my place" to the lady.

I said, "No way buddy. I was here first!"

He said, "Well, I'm letting her go first." with a little smirk on his face.

Thankfully, about 4 people behind me were like "Not happening!" "You can't do that!" and whatnot to the guy.

We almost threw fisticuffs!

Then, I left. I knew if I stayed I might lose my sh!t.

So here I am. Me and my bonus check.

Sigh.

10 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger neal gardner said...

is it too late to send you a can of pepper spray and a tire iron for christmas?
you could've pepper sprayed the woman and clubbed the skeezy man like a baby seal all in one fell swoop.

sigh. you make me miss new york more and more...

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger 0000 said...

Wow, Kat. You need to write a book!

"A bitch is MADE, not born!"

by: Kat.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Lizzle said...

I think Neal is onto something... I think that woman needed to be pepper sprayed and clubbed like a baby seal!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger v said...

Why do people think it's okay to cut in line?

Man.

Sometimes I think people are just stupid.

All of them.

Except the for the people whose blog I visit.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have told the skeezy man that if she took his place then he could get his smirky face to the end of the line.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

I am pissed off for you right now.
But.
Maybe that's just my PMS kicking in...
Either way.
I would have lost my mind in that situation.

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* You're like the Brooklyn version of me. Keep fighting the good fight, girl.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat, I hope it was all worth it...
carmie

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Ahhhhhh, NYC!!!

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually seethe internally when this happens. A few times I have said that I was actually next, but probably in an embarrassed tone. I am sure it is because I don't want to seem petty but then again I am really concerned about cutting others off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home