.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pole Hogs!

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long, but we're busy chickies!

I took this picture this morning of a Pole Hog. A Pole Hog is a person who leans their whole body against a pole in the subway so that no one else can hold on to it. That sh!t don't fly during rush hour. I normally just wriggle my hand around the pole anyway, digging into the hog's back along the way. They get the hint eventually. Sometimes, however, I don't feel good about touching any part of the hog (you never know where people have been) so I stand there balancing and cursing them.

Today, I saw this hog and went to hold the pole. He was leaning so hard on it, that I couldn't even wriggle on. I said, "Excuse me!" He ignored me (typical). I mumbled something about all the a$$holes that ride the subways. Then, I took his picture as an example for the rest. Don't be a Pole Hog people! Or BOTS will call your s$$ out!

7 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Congratulations on the engagement!!
That is so exciting!
Down with pole hogs!! You should have "fell" into him so he would have moved his ass.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Wow... when I first saw "pole hog," I thought it was going to be about a completely different kind of pole.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Lizzle said...

You have bitchslapped these a$$hats before, but they certainly deserve it again. Seriously, why should you have to perform a balancing act when there is a perfectly good pole there being monopolized! One of these days someone is going to rip one of those poles free, and shove it up the ass of a pole hog... And they will totally get off scot free because it is a justified act!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Christina said...

You are making me miss NYC..those pole hogs were the worst. They were either the ones in the suits reading the NYT who would then make your trip miserable if you grabbed an inch of the pole by shaking the paper, huffing and muttering under their breath. Nothing like a sharp heel that landed on the foot during a sudden stop would shut them up...not that I would know anyway!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger SarahReznor said...

you're back!!! i missed you so much!!! and i hate those pole hogs fuckers!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

peaople can be so rude! I love your blog!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Mr Flack said...

pole hog boy could have been reliving his missed career as a pole dancer - did he slide up and down at all?!.......try livin in dublin - we don't even have poles - we have to hold on to each other (bless)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home