.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Engagement is Weird...

Calling someone your "fiance" is really strange. I don't want to turn BOTS into a venue for my complaints about engagement woes, but it may very well happen. People are sooooo weird.

Here's a scene from work when I first came in with the ring (remember, I'm at a new job now so I don't know these people very well).

Boss Man: Is that a new bauble? (he really said bauble too)
Kat: Yes.
Boss Man: Am I to understand that it's an engagement ring?
Kat: Yes.
Annoying Female Snoopy Co-Worker: OH MY GAWD! You got engaged and you didn't tell anyone???
Kat: Um, well, I didn't want to run in and scream, "I'm engaged everyone!"
Boss Man: Hmmmm....so, you'll need vacation time for a honeymoon. And then come the babies....
Then he walked away muttering.

I think I'm in for quite a ride kids! And we haven't even picked a date yet!

7 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

wow, good luck on that one! but i do have to agree, getting engaged to someone is a strange thing.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

oh good god. Because automatically, after the honeymoon, babies magically appear.

And. Can we have a picture of the ring? :)

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your boss sounds like an ass! I can't believe how unprofessional some people can be. Don't let it get you down. Congrats!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Congrats - don't let your boss push your buttons...

Love the advertising - I saw a lot of those signs when I lived in GA, lol!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger yll said...

I call my fiance my boyfriend. I told him he has to always be my boyfriend; esp. after we're married.

Also, I was working w/ the same ppl for 2 years, & didn't feel the need to tell them I was engaged either. Co-workers can be so involved in your life.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhm seriously u need to update more i'm going craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy here.....:)

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either update the blog or close it down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home