.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Friday, October 21, 2005

The Food Bar...Ew!


Today I didn't have much time to grab lunch. I happened to walk by this huge "gourmet" deli and went in. Normally, I'd never go near a food bar since a few years ago they found some dude had been visiting multiple NYC delis with a spray bottle filled with his piss and spraying it on the food. Classic.

I just wanted a quick bite of something hot since it's chilly today. I thought....well, maybe I'll just get a scoop of mac and jack and go.

I approached the food bar timidly. Seriously, it's been like 3 years since I've eaten at a food bar. I walked all around and saw what they had. It looked really good. Very clean. Lots of people there, so I figured it must not be too bad.

Then it happened.

The woman you see in this picture (old lady, left of the food bar) was beside me. As I waited my turn for the mac and jack, she leaned in toward the fresh mozzarella with tomato and proceeded to pick a bit of cheese off WITH HER BARE HAND. I was horrified. But it gets worse. She then reached in, again with her hand, and picked up a piece of chicken from the chicken and broccoli bin! I said, "Excuse me. You're supposed to use the spoons to get what you want and put it in your container." She ignored me. For all I knew, this was her lunch...hand sampling everything at the food bar. I was too tired and she was too old for me to go off.

I put my container down and left the store.

Ew.

5 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

Ahhh...here it is! I went to edit this post after it's original posting and FORGOT to hit "Publish Post" again. der.......

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Gabs said...

Ewww!ewww. She man-handled the food....JUST when you got your courage up after 3 whole years. Kat you kill me

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger markus said...

ICK!! That grody grandma needs to get some manners!

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is disgusting. What is wrong with people?!?!?!

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh lord...and they say the older you are the wiser you get...bullsh*t!!!! Old people are freakin disgusting, disgusting, disgusting. LOL...I bet I'll be one of them :-0
carmie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home