.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Cell Phone Abusers



Yeah I know that we’ve posted about this before but some people just don’t know the proper etiquette when it comes to using cell phones. No one wants to hear other people talking loudly on their cell phone during their commute home. Seriously, I don’t care what you’re having for dinner, who hasn’t paid what bill, who’s cheating on whom, whether or not your dog has been walked or if your kid came home on time last night! It constantly amazes me that people will give the intimate details of their lives in front of dozens of people. These people need to keep in mind that YOU ARE NOT AT HOME! People can HEAR you! To illustrate my point I’ve included two typical cell phone abusers. The first b!tch with the blacked out face was loudly talking about her plans for the evening how this one guy keeps canceling on her and she doesn’t know why. She then proceeds to tell the person that she’s talking to that she’s in her car on the way home – what? B!tch you are no where near your car! Maybe the that guy keeps canceling on you because you’re a fvcking liar! The next picture is of a woman who was in front of me while I was getting my morning coffee. I hear all about the DNA testing that is being done on her grandson to find out who the baby daddy is! Ummm seriously TMI!!

10 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Liz said...

For that first one, I'm thinking she's going to grow old ant turn into one of those crazy cat ladies.

And the second one? Well, I'll say what we're all thinking: We'll be looking for her on next week's edition of Maury!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

I agree! I am embarassed when I even have to answer the phone in public, I certainly couldn't have half of the crazy conversations I overhear people having on the cellphones in the grocery store.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Whoa! Ask and ye shall receive - thanks gals!
As for cellphoning... I don't have to take public transport currently (but, ah, the fond memories I have of MUNI in SF....), but I do know that I have made quite a few calls on my cell in the car... it kills at least 2 birds... kills the monotonous downtime of commuting, i get a conversation out of the way, said conversation now doesn't need to take away from "me time" when i finally get home. :)

you're such GOOD little eavesdroppers tho... i Luv it!
Hey, whassup with the Watermelon Lady lately????

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Once again we share the same opinion.
But I have to say that I find it totally entertaining to listen in on someone else's drama.
DNA testing? That is so Springer.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

HAHAHAHA. I am ready to hock phlegm on some stupid bitch on the N train on my way home. Thanks for setting me off! HA HA.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger blog Portland said...

What makes it even worse is when the douche is on their bluetooth earpiece.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger katie-q said...

Seriously DNA testing, I didn't know actual people who weren't on TV actually did that!

I love that she told her friend she was in the car, you should have taken that moment to yell something, or do something that would have caused the friend to ask why such a noise was coming from the car!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

WHY do people think it's so "cool" to talk so loudly on their cell phones and especially about their private business in front of others? I have students who do it in the hallway in front of my office. I'm thinking "I don't want to know who you're going to bang this weekend, get the f*ck outta here"

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Well, maybe the phone is just a prop.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Matt said...

it amuses me greatly that your annoyance was piqued by the little white lie that had nothing to do w/ anything....

Here's one for you: people speaking on phones from the toilet in public restrooms. Accepting calls and making them!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home