.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

***Watermelon Watch 2006***


Yesterday I told you about the Watermelon Lady and of course I had to check again this morning. As I approached the Starbucks that she has made her own, I decided to go in and get myself a Lite Mocha Frappuccino - damn those things are good! And sure enough the Watermelon Lady was there again! I had some time to ponder that Watermelon Lady as I waited on long-ass line - seriously you would have thought they were giving away the $5 cups of coffee! First, where the hell is she carting this watermelon from?!? Those things are damn heavy! Second, is it maybe the same watermelon day after day that she's slowly eating - I tend to think that it's actually a different one every day. The third thing is that no one else seems to really pay attention to this lady. Anyway, today I noticed that the Watermelon Lady had a cup of coffee - does coffee go with watermelon?? Not in my book but to each his own I guess! She also had her usual water, plastic knife and fork and paper. Did I talk to her?? No, alas there was no time and I'm a little apprehensive about approaching to some one who can actually get a plastic knife through a watermelon! It's a pretty clean cut too!! Stay tuned for the next sighting....

13 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Softball Slut said...

"Strange and Unusual. I myself Am strange and UnUsual." Christina - Mommy Dearest

Sorry random thought for this picture.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pookie you're too funny. Where do you find these people..lol lol
carmie

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

Um, that's really weird. You have to see if she's there tomorrow.

God, she must pee a hundred times during the day.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Darwin said...

This is easily one of the weirdest things you have posted about. Maybe its a new diet or something, or she had an uncle who was a watermelon farmer who died and left her in trust of it....this is bugging me now!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Kat said...

How the fuck is she not clutching her stomach with diarrhea pains?!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Pookie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Pookie said...

I'm starting to wonder if she's mentally disturbed. I mean I think that you can't possibly be normal AND eat an entire watermelon every day. Kat and Freshair are right the things it would do to your digestive system a normal person just wouldn't stand for!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

omg. i can't wait till you get a chance to talk to her! I bet she's secretly some math or science genius with weird quirks! You've got me hooked!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Lena said...

Stop it! How can there not be ONE STARBUCKS ITEM? That is the point I said "Shut. Up." out loud to myself.

And the hair. Oh. It looks less than fresh.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Goonie said...

hmmm, the watermelon does look slightly smaller than yesterday... still, does she carry this thing around with her? weirdness...

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Spill The Beans said...

True...how does she get it to and from?

something about this pic makes me crave fried chicken and potato salad.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger markus said...

dunkin donuts must've been closed.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger NeverEnough said...

I feel sorry for her and would DEFINITELY find something to talk to her about - although you're right about skills with plastic utensils and that's kind of scary!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home