.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Turn Up your Damn Hearing Aid!


God I am so going to hell! First I'm making fun of the mentally ill and now I'm starting in on the elderly. I'm ok with going to hell cause that's where are all the ultra-cool people like BOTS will be hanging out! So anyway, I was heading out to Strong Island (aka Long Island) to visit a friend the other day. Sitting behind me was the old woman pictured to the left. She kept getting calls on her cell phone. She's screaming into the phone so that the whole train car can hear!

"Hello? Hello? Helllooooo?? I can't hear you!"

The cell phone rings again:

"Hello? Hello? Helllooooo?? I can't hear you!"

This happened literally about 10 times. Now I had gotten a call during this time too and the reception was perfect. I could see that she had a hearing aid in- please lady turn that shit up! We don't all want to hear you! And of course after EVERY call that she couldn't hear - "These contraptions are terrible!" OMG if you would just learn how to use it AND turned up that hearing aid I'm sure it would work perfectly! It was so fvcking annoying. I really tried to tune that her out but with her screeching every two minutes it was next to impossible. Of course even I'm not such a bitch that I'm going to turn around and yell at her but I'm not above taking a picture and posting about it! :)

So yeah I'm going to hell.

8 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Fairmaiden327 said...

Pook, I made a slide for us. You can push me down, I don't mind. I SO relate.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

I'll see you there! I'll bring the party favors!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Spill The Beans said...

I'm saving seats since I'm sure to be there first. Just bring some good wine when you come, i'm sure i'll be out by the time you get there.

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippyyy you're going to be in hell with the best!!!!!
carmie

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

Hell's going to be fun. I'll bring wine.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Yo Pook!
Watermelon lady??? Dinnidcha get yer coffee today?? Come on now, you started WW2006 - don't leave us hanging allll weekend! ;)
BTW - which Starbucks is this? Maybe I can catch her when I'm over yonder next week. :)

and thanks for the restaurant recs. Gonna check out the links and pick one soon so we can make reservations. Thanks a million - you rock!
will let ya know how it all goes.

cheers
diana

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger DIAMONDKT said...

I'll see you in hell because this month on my blog, I cracked jokes at a guy with turrets and a paraplegic. Wow, that sounds bad and really low. I feel bad now...sorta.

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Lena said...

You should have asked her for her number...and then called her and told her to shut the hell up.

Next time.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home