.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Friday, April 28, 2006

What the Fvck is This?


I have no idea what this is all about. Some one has spraypainted 666 all over the sidewalks of midtown in the pattern that you see to the right. It's only been there for the past couple of days - well that I've noticed anyway. Maybe the devil is about to come and bestow his wraith upon all the godless NYC sinners, in which case I'm totally taking cover in the closest bar - if I'm going down I'm going down drunk! Of course it could also be a promotion of some random band that will soon be playing here. Is there a new movie coming out about devil? Or maybe it's just something that I'm not cool enough to be aware of but I every time I see it I think to myself..what the fvck is that? Do you guys have any ideas? I'm clueless.

21 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Buffy said...

At least it's pretty and pink?

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

I saw somewhere recently that June 6, 2006 (6/6/6) is coming around soon, and people are starting to make a big deal of it.

Or, it's a pretty pink abstract flower made for BOTS and me!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Kat said...

Marcia is probably right. On both counts.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its for that antichrist movie thats coming out. That symbol was in the trailer, so this must be P.R. for that.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was in The Omen - it looks just like Damiens birthmark!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

No clue...
I think Marcia has it though....
I would think the same this as you.
What the?
Maybe I'll see it for myself soon. I am going to be in NYC in the middle of May!

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its for the remake of the Omen. It airs on 6/6/6. Julia Stiles is in it.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Darwin said...

It's def for the Omen remake. Nice advertising.

OR it's a loopy guy actually believing the antichrist is coming.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger SportyChick said...

Oh, and I thought it was a clever ad for the new yoga place...

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger v said...

Yeah, I too think it is probably for the Omen remake. It comes out 6-6-2006. There are also billboards with similar, spooky dates and no context at all. Gawd I hate marketing.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger SarahReznor said...

why would anyone remake the omen? cant they come up with new scripts anymore?!! i feel a b!tching coming on. .. . ... .

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

not a bad gimmick.

....aside from being evil and all.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger neal gardner said...

Some dumbass creative director convinced the movie execs that guerrilla marketing The Satanic Pile 'O Crap Omen Remake will guarantee droves of moviegoers will flock to see it. Here in LA, there are 6/6/06 billboards every 5 blocks. Hopefully, TSPOCOR will flop in a very evil way.

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All i have to say is.... I want that job!!!!
carmie

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh by the way Pookie, GREAT shot...LOLOLOLOLOL
carmie

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Spill The Beans said...

Ooo...if that's some idiot guerilla marketing stunt, that makes me want to kick someone's deluded ass.

frigging publicists defacing public property....

but i will confess, I do want to see that movie.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Cheetarah1980 said...

I think it's the Omen too. That's a good explanation. Much easier to swallow than pure evil invading the city.

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just pretend they are 9s.

:)

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Manic Mom said...

Looks like something M. Night SHalamanalamadingdong might do.

It's a SIGN...

Or it it?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger markus said...

i'm with anon 9:06!

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a movie promotion for the remake of the Omen that comes out on 666!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home