.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Friday, March 17, 2006

WTF??


I have lived in NYC my entire life. I've seen people having sex in public, people using the streets as their own personal toilet, I've been offered drugs, I've seen people using drugs, I've seen so many transvestites and transexuals that they're now just commonplace, I've been propositioned by men and women, I've seen people get in fights, I even saw the aftermath of a fatal shooting once, I've seen a cowboy in his tighty whities playing his guitar...basically I've seen a lot of things going on in this city and there's not too much left that will shock me but THIS did!

Last night I was taking the train home. I worked late so it was relatively empty and there were plenty of seats to go around. At the stop after mine this young guy gets on. He's well dressed, groomed - basically he had all the charateristics of a sane person. He sat down in the same row of seats as me about two seats over. He was popping his gum loudly so I happend to glance over at the exact moment that he was trying to blow a bubble. Instead of blowing a bubble he accidentally spit the gum on the floor if the train. This of course had me giggling. So this guy turned to look at me, smiled, looked back down at the gum, looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and he picked the gum up and....HE.PUT.IT.BACK.IN.HIS.MOUTH! I am not joking. He took his chewed gum off of the floor of the subway... The floor the that thousands of people a day walk on, the floor that has been peed on, puked on and god knows what else on, the floor that we all KNOW is not cleaned with any regularity..and he put that gum back in his mouth. I was speechless, my mouth was literally hanging open, I couldn't form any words. Don't anyone say anything about a 5 second rule - this was way longer than 5 seconds and it's the floor of the NYC SUBWAY! He looked at me again smiled and continued chewing. I snapped this pic and got off at the next stop. Just when you think you've seen everything...it's part of why I love this city so much though you see something new every day!

16 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Cyber Mule said...

Maybe it was one of those new trains with the clean floors, LOL

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger yllwdaisies said...

eeeewwwwwwww.

A girl would NEVER do that (well, maybe Jenny McCarthy would).

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous e-liz said...

I am a germaphobe and I almost puked just reading this post.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger DIAMONDKT said...

I think he did it for the sure "shock factor". Notice how he heard you giggling, took time to look at you and smile and made sure you saw him do the unspeakable act? I think he wanted to see your reaction. Maybe it's his weird/twisted way of impressing girls?

Hmm, well it doesn't sound like it would impress many.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger blog Portland said...

I knew someone that would eat gum that was stuck to anything. Then again, they were retarded, and it did make them happy.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

How unfortunate.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jesús said...

Oh come on, germs are protein!!!
I do that aaaaaal the time

[obviously joking]

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger SarahReznor said...

Eeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!! NAsty!!!!

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Kat said...

OH MY GOD. Are you kidding me? That is one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even comment...that just made me sick!!!
carmie

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Debbie said...

That's fucking gross. But, then again, he could have been a normal looking crazy. They're everywhere.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

GROSS!
That is nasty.
I gagged reading this story.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger TheIdleReceptionist said...

Wow. I would venture to say that any given NYC subway floor service is dirtier than the average person's bum.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Louarns said...

theidlereceptionist......ahahahahahaha... love the comment

that man is fucked

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger odderie said...

That is soooo disgusting.

Maybe he's upping the Britney Spears walking-around-gas-station-bathrooms-barefoot ante.

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once saw a woman licking the margarine slab off a muffin on the L train with a

The slab fell off onto the train floor, she stared at it in disbelief, took a few moments, then picked it up, put it back on the muffin and started licking it off again and kind of crumbing the muffin into her face.

Then she fell asleep and dropped the whole thing

And proceeded to repeat the horror again after waking up

(Sure sign of something I know of)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home