.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Walking Reader

I love reading. I really do. It's one of my favorite past times. I could spend an entire Saturday curled up reading a great book. I've been known to finish a really good book in one sitting. It is an intergral part of my commute. I would never be able to survive my commute without something to read. I understand being at a crucial part and not wanting to put it down but I do when I have to. When my train stops and it is time for me to walk through crowded terminals, I mark my place and I close my book. I DO NOT walk and read. Why do people do this? Do they want people to think that they're more intelligent than most people because simply walking is not enough they must be enlightening themselves while they do it? These assholes inevitably are the ones that walk into me and make me spill my coffee - of course on myself it would never be on the offender! They never look up until a collision is unavoidable! They're a menace to my commute! OK they're just really fvcking annoying and I'm sick of people who have absolutely no consideration for other people. They need to be bitch slapped into stopping!

PS - I did have a photo to go with this post but for some reason I can't upload it - I'll try again later!

7 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Virenda said...

I love to read. ~sigh~

I live in So. Cal, suburbia so no one walks. LOL, hard to believe but true.

What we end up getting is women (a few men too) that read and DRIVE! Yeah they make me spill my coffee too, but usually cause they are running a red light.

~grrrrr!!!~

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger blog Portland said...

I actually caught sight of some idiot reading while driving the other day. He was mostly doing it at the stoplights, but I caught him giving the occasional glance down while moving. What a douche.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH Pookie...how offen do we see this on the busy NYC streets. I saw this guy crossing a busy street & reading his paper. Hello as*hole look where the f*k you're going. They wonder why NYC cabs hit people..next time he should be bi*tch slapped by a cab up his a**.
carmie

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger yllwdaisies said...

Let's start the revolution! Whenever you see someone reading while walking (even if they're not close, just go up to them), simply b!tch-slap the BOOK in a swift down-ward motion. The book will fall (pity, but they will always be casualties in war), AND the person will lose their place. Let the revolution begin! (am I being over-dramatic?)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger TheIdleReceptionist said...

Aye...well said. For some reason I always see the Walking Reader as a spacey, floaty type.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Kat said...

Haha, it is probably a photo of me!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger markus said...

is the "walking reader" any relation to the "slow walking cellphone talker?"

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home