.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Apologies

To the woman I nailed with my bag this morning! Per usual I was running late and of course when you're late everything goes wrong. For some reason the train was absolutely packed today, always puts me in a good mood when I have to ride with an elbow in my back and some guy with really bad morning breath breathing in my face the whole time. So I finally get to my stop and fight my way off the train. Work has been killing me as of late and my work bag is considerably heavier than it usually is. So as I'm adjusting the bag on my shoulder it gets caught in the bulk of my winter coat. The whole time I'm doing this I'm actually running for the stairs because I'm now 20 minutes late and I really need to be at work on time. So I give the bag one last good tug and I hear a very loud grunt behind me at the same time that I feel my bag connecting with something solid....oops! I turn around offer apologies and the woman looks ready to go into a full on rant. So what did this BOTS do? "I'm so sorry" and I then I booked it! I really did feel terrible but I just didn't have time to listen to it. It was an accident and if the b*tch hadn't been walking so closely behind me it wouldn't have happened at all. So she's partly to blame right? Right? Damn I need another cup of coffee.

8 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

Well at least you apologized.

And the lady...well, she'll just head over to her computer and tell the whole sordid story on her own blog!

Don't think of it as an accident...think of it as providing blog material for the world!

I'm finally getting around to linking this blog, by the way....

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger markus said...

i picture you saying "i'm sorry" in the way madonna says "i love you too" in that movie, truth or dare, to her childhood friend who she hasn't seen for years while making a bee line for the elavator.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger TheIdleReceptionist said...

Hah, markus.

Don't worry, Pookie. Think of the subway as the airport. If you get hit with a bag, get over it. Everyone's just trying to get home.

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were LATE again...lol And you cant even blame it on the garbage trucks. F*k the lady it's a cold Wednesday morning in NYC,everyone has someplace to go.
carmie

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger DIAMONDKT said...

Let this be your lesson...next time swing that bag hard enough to knockout whoever is tailgating behind you - knock them out unconscious. Then you won't have to deal with the fuming look on their face, hear them rant or even say sorry. Just step over their near lifeless body and procedure on with your day! Sweet right? Good luck! ;)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Just like in automotive collision, she is at fault because she was following too close... she can be as irate as she wants, but she is totally to blame!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Webmiztris said...

if your bag is anything like mine, you could have killed the woman!!!

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, reading your blog brings back memories...I used to ride the public transit down here in Atlanta...urine-stained trains, cranky crackheads, smart-@ssed bums - sometimes you have to be a b*tch! It's a matter of survival!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home