.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Subway Sing Along

I'm a huge fan of music. I have no problem with people listening to their headphones on the subways. What I have a problem with is the people who sing along to whatever they happen to be listening to. For the most part, these people are horribly offkey - hey I can't sing either but I don't serenade train loads of people either! Last night as I stood on the train with a blinding headache, there was a woman sitting down listening to her headphones singing along to Celine Dion! Now I happen to hate that bitch (I'm sure she'll make her way to the Bitches We Hate section soon enough). Hearing her sing is bad enough, hearing some one who CAN'T sing try to hit those notes is almost unbearable! As if that wasn't bad enough the bitch then switched to Whitney Crackhead Houston! She was dressed nicely so I'm pretty sure she wasn't one of the crazy people who frequent the subways. She just sat their with her eyes closed singing along. I'm not talking softly singing along here, I'm talking belting it out at the top of her lungs!
Was Pookie the only one annoyed? Certainly not! Most people were glaring at her, some were laughing and all the while she sat there clueless.
Bitch - shut the FVCK UP! I've had to listen to crap all day at work all I want is a little peace and quiet while I ride the train home!
I'm rounding up the subway preachers and the subway serenaders for a bitch slapping session - anyone want to join?

8 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

I am IN!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

My favorite thing is that you both said "fvck" in your posts today. That's my favorite word.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger brendalove@gmail.com said...

At work I always have to listen to this one lady sing along with the gospel tunes. And off-key just doesn't describe it strongly enough!

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous e-liz said...

The problem is that most of these people think they are right on key while singing along. I mean really, look at all the idiots that audition for American Idol.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Oh yeah. I'm in on the slap.
Who the hell likes to listen to unsolicited singing?
Not me. No friggin' way.
Although... I think it is hilarious that people were laughing at her.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger v said...

oh man, you gals are on today.

umm, is it okay if I sing in the shower?

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL LOL I'm always in for a good old fashion bitch slapping session... Ladies I'll bring the champagne ;-)
carmie

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

Good call on Celine, Pook. She's next!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home