.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Monday, October 03, 2005

I shouldn't be allowed to dress myself

This weekend I went shopping and bought myself some new duds at Old Navy. Now I have to attend a wake tonight so I'm leaving straight from work and going there. So this morning I get up get dressed for work putting on my new clothes - of course I think I'm looking pretty good. I get all the way into the city and I stop to get my breakfast. I'm standing online and the woman next to me says "Honey the tag is still on your pants." Of course I'm looking down expecting to see a price tag and she says "No, at the bottom of the leg" - huh? Sure enough I look down and there's the store's security tag that was supposed to go off when I left the store! Now of course this has happened to me before but I must say I've NEVER actually worn the pants and not noticed that the security tag was still on them. OK so now what am I supposed to do? I don't have the receipt with me to prove that I actually bought the pants and the closest Old Navy is pretty far away. And I definitely don't have time to stop home and change - what's a girl to do? I thought maybe one of the stores around here would take pity on me and help me out. I went to no less than 7 stores. Most were sympathetic but used a different kind of security tags. The ones that did use that kind absolutely refused to help me. Come one like I would actually steal the pants, wear them with the security tag attached and THEN go and try and get some one to take them off for me. PLEASE! So low and behold I found the NICEST manager in Modell's Sporting goods of all places. He didn't have the same security system that was on my pants but he went and got a pair of pliers and snapped that fucker off! Ahhhh free at last!! I was so grateful! Now I can walk around and not be embarrassed! Yay! I found another decent person in NYC!! Thanks Modell's Man!

4 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger markus said...

give it up pookie! you jacked those pants, didn't you?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Pookie said...

Damn you caught me! :o) Seriously how embarassing though! The best part is I had the pants on for about two hours without noticing it!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger gabsmash said...

markus called it! funny story pook

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come clean pookie, you thought it was an accessory to the pants..LOL
carmie

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home