.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Cube with a View


OK so my company is rapidly expanding and is therefore rapidly running out of places to put people. I was told that my desk was being moved because I was "technically" in desk that was desginated for another department. Now, I happened to really like where I had been sitting because I was really out of view of my manager and not really near any of the annoying co-workers but whatever. So long as I have internet access and they still pay me does it really matter? Well, I am now in a part of the office that I like to refer to as the cave. It's space that should really only be for two cubes - there are three and a half here. It's hot and there's definitely not enough space. However, as my manger likes to point out I do have the best spot back here. Yes it is out of the way and NO ONE can see what I'm working on unless they come right up behind me (works well for my blogging). And of course he's also quick to point out that I now have a window...so I thought I would share my new view with all of you....I am so moving up in the world...don't be jealous...here it is! (sorry it's a little crooked)

10 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger David Estefan said...

How many people get to say they have a cave office space WITH a window? Milton from "Office Space" probably wishes he would have had a window when Lumberg relocated him to the basement!

David Estefan

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Webmiztris said...

lol - I agree with david - this totally reminded me of Office Space...don't burn the place down! or do. whatever. ;)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Pookie said...

LOL - I love that movie! At least I got to bring my stapler with me!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

Um...I believe that's my Swingline stapler.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger markus said...

next stop... VICE PRESIDENT!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

Is that really considered a "view"? It seems a tad more depressing than just looking at a blank wall.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Quinn said...

Hmmm... not much of an improvement, but hurrah for being able to keep your computer screen to yourself- every cube I've had has the screen facing out, towards passersby and curious bosses.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Marcia said...

well, at least it's a good place to blog from! Is it possible to open the window to jump out of?

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh pookie its fine...get yourself some plants,curtains and a few crazy old ladies. It will feel just like home...lol lol
carmie

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger starbender said...

Nothing Like a Beautiful View of the Surroundings, huh? ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home