.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

B!tch on the Street

Days and nights in New York City are tough enough without having to deal with all the sh!t this city dishes up. B!tch on the Street tells the tale of two ladies making their way through this crazy town...one freak at a time.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Doesn't look big enough does it?


Yesterday, after being totally disgusted by the people in Grand Central, I decided to take a stroll over to the West side of town and pick up the train from there. It was a beautiful night and the walk was just what I needed after a long day at work. So I jumped on the 3 train. I get a spot right by the door which is perfect because I'm exhausted and so I can lean against the door and read my book. The train pulls up at the next stop and the doors are opening on my side, so I go to do the one foot on the train-one foot on the platform maneuver so that I don't lose my spot. I put one foot out and all of the sudden I'm on the floor!! My foot went between the space between the train and the platform and I fell up to my knee - guess my knee was too big to fit through the space. I didn't even have time to scream it all happened so fast, I just kind of gasped and now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get myself out before the doors closed!! Luckily there was a good samaritan on the train with me. He saw what happened and said "Oh my God!", stuck his hand out to me and just pulled me right back up. Another woman saw what happened and kept asking if I was okay too. Now I do have to admit that I was holding back the tears here because my leg was burning! Oh I was in so much pain! Last night I put ice on it and this morning I have some lovely scrapes as well nice bruises up and down either side of my leg. Commuting is getting to be too dangerous for me folks!

3 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger markus said...

sue for millions pookie!

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww poor pookie, where is superman when you need him :-)
carmie

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Marcia said...

I've seen other people do that - at least you didn't lose your shoe!

I fully endorse complaining about one's bruises on one's blog - I think sympathy makes them heal faster. Can we get a picture of the bruise so that we can offer appropriate comments?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home